top of page

Prescription? or VFD? How to know?

If your honeybees need medication at all, it's fairly easy to know if your veterinarian can write a prescription or issue a Veterinary Feed Directive. If it is a medication that is put in water, like soluble Tylan, it will require a prescription only. If your bees require a medicated feed, like Terramycin Type A or Oxytetracyline - 50, then you will need a VFD. Here is a link to FARAD, the Food Animal Drug Residue Avoidance & Databank's guide:

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Me
  • Facebook Basic Square
bottom of page